Ringtello! A super cool glass ring holder
This year, in response to customer demand, the Glass Academy has introduced a unique, functional piece - the Ringtello. This colorful ring holder is super fun to make and you'll get to experience using the big torch to S-T-R-E-T-C-H the glass to your desired size!
Each ring holder is one-of-a-kind. The samples pictured are from our test run in blue but don't worry, when you join the class, you'll find a rainbow of colors to choose from. You'll also discover a a selection of the best ways to apply your chosen colors.
This class provides an opportunity to explore using a variety of hand tools and techniques, such as optic molds. Our professionals guide you through the process so everyone can make one, regardless of skill level.
This class makes for a thoughtful gift, being both functional and fun - think Mom, sister, girlfriend, or any ring-wearing folk! Make it for yourself, come with a friend, or a group. It's the perfect class for date night, bridal parties, or a Girls Night Out!
Meet new people and make new friends in this low-stress, personal, and immersive class. Observe students' creative designs and experiment with your own variety of glass colors and patterns!
Each ticket purchase includes:
- The materials, tools, and instruction to make ONE ring holder. All you need to bring is a great attitude and a willingness to have fun!
- A tour of our glass studio and BATCH Gallery. This is a behind-the-scenes tour of a successful working art studio. You’ll learn more about the glass making process and find out what makes our studio unique.
- A live glassblowing demonstration from one of our class instructors.
- A sneak peek into the various classes, shows, and events we have throughout the year and a special invitation to our Customer Appreciation show this July.
- A discount of 20% off ALL items in our gallery, seasonal items like pumpkins and ornaments and our famous drink ware. The discount is valid only on the day of your class and/or the day you pick up your product.
You will make one ring holder per class. If you would like to make more than one, you are welcome to purchase an additional ticket. Or come back again; our classes are repeatable!
We offer a $12 guest ticket, if you'd like to bring a guest OR if you want to join the class from the "audience". Everyone in attendance MUST purchase a class or guest ticket. This allows us to prepare the space accordingly. Please put the day and date of your class in the notes.
🔥What to Expect🔥
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork, meet the other students, and browse the gallery.
- Classes are typically 1 to 1.5 hours long, however, the duration may vary depending on the intensity of the project and class size.
- This is an entry-level class, no experience is necessary!
Before you can take your beautiful glass creation home, the glass must cool overnight from 1200°F to room temperature. Once completely cooled, your glass keepsake is ready for pickup from our studio OR we offer free shipping directly to your home.
- Closed-toed shoes are required and we suggest that you wear cotton, as it will be hot in the shop.
- A more detailed overview of what to expect can be found by visiting our FAQ page!
Questions? Just ask us!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us HERE!
Choose a date and book your class!
BEFORE buying, please review our class policies - when you make a purchase, you're agreeing to all our policies and procedures!
All of our policies and FAQs can be found HERE!
As a small, family owned business we have been honored to provide hundreds of customers with countless, unforgettable experiences at the Glass Academy.
Note: You must be at least 16 years of age to participate in this class!
Find Us On YouTube!
Want to watch our glass blowers work their magic? Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for updates on new experimental shows, annealer reveals, and our live shows. You don't want to miss an episode of our weekly glassblowing show, The Gathering Point!
Handcrafted in Michigan since 1991