Tours, hand’s on experiences, and studio rental opportunities
A. Educational Tour and Demonstration
- A tour of the studio highlights the history of the Glass Academy, our unique products, and the process of glassmaking through the ages.
- Glassblowers perform a demonstration for your group
-Examples of products made during the demonstration: bowl, vase, nest, mug, snowman, or seasonal products highlighting our events and shows.
Who signs up to schedule this type of event? Students, Red Hat Ladies, senior groups, Mensa, garden clubs and small organizations.
- The two hour event includes: lecture and history of glass, tour of studio, demonstration, and gallery shopping
- 20% off all gallery purchases during event
- 1-50 customers, additional rates for groups over 50.
- Student school groups 6th grade and over only.
- $400. (up to 50)
- 51-100 customers, add $100
B. Hand’s On
(Similar to our coffee nights but for a private group)
- Individual attention and a private setting make this a fun opportunity to try glass making in a relaxed environment.
- Customers will make a flower or paperweight after viewing studio samples.
- First 1/2 hour of event is for demo of product students are making.
- Call studio for available days/times.
- 20% off all gallery purchases during event.
- $75 per person, 6 person minimum to book event.
- 32 total max students for a 4 ½ hour event.
- 50% payment due at time of booking and final payment due 2 weeks prior to date of event
- Must be at least 16 years of age to participate.
Upgrades to your event:
Want to know some history of glass and facts? Add ½ hour and $50 for the group.
Upgrade adding the educational package (adds demos of seasonal products, tour of the facility, history, and facts) $400 + 2 hours.
C. Birthday package
- Customized demonstration of hand crafted glass birthday cake ($250 value)- becomes a take home item.
- Birthday cake designed by guest, color, style, etc.
- 20% off gallery purchases
- Big Bubble Blow for birthday guest
- Allowed to use up to two studio tables for event for cake, and beverages
- 3 hours
- 1-50 people, please inquire for groups over 50 people
- 16 and older only
D. Corporate/Business Team Building Workshop
- Team will work with a Designer and Master craftsman to come up with a project specifically related to group/organization. The class will then work to produce this item in molten glass. Finished project goes home with group after annealing (cooling).
- Excellent team building opportunity for: Corporate groups, traveling conference attendee, trade show, Mensa groups, etc.
- Workshop starts with some basic training; safety and intro to hot glass, and brief historical background on glass making. Group project begins after the intro.
- One multi-itemed group piece (project) to take home per workshop.
- Hands on & design interaction is expected of each participating student.
- $500 basic course fee; materials, instructor rates, design, etc.
- $100 per student above the basic course fee.Minimum 6 students, max 20
- Course runs 3+ hours depending on number of participants.
- 20% off all gallery purchases
E. Studio for Rental
- 2+ hour demo/lecture based on group needs
- Ideal for: Family reunions, special occasions, photo shoots, conferences, private parties, etc.
- 5 hour basic rental. Over 5 hours inquire on pricing
- 20% off gallery purchases
- 50 chairs provided $2000
- Catering company provided upon request
- Event contract has full details. Please inquire.
F. Private Sampler Class
- Hands on private class teaching the beginning basics of glassblowing: safety, how-to and then hand’s on .
- 6 person minimum, 8 person maximum
- $200 per person
- 3 hour class
- 20% off all gallery purchased during the class
- Clients make 2-3 items per workshop based upon individual skill level in the class
- All workshops must be paid 50% at time of booking to reserve your date and the final payment is due 2 weeks prior to your event date. Reservations are suggested months in advance but can be accepted as late as 30 days prior to event.
- No refunds on booked studio tours, events, classes or studio rental or any person cancelled less than 48 hours prior to event.
- Can supply catering companies familiar with our studio upon request
Disclaimers: We are a small “family run” business and do our best to accommodate your needs and desires in a manner that aligns with our business/facility parameters. Please respect our policies and guidelines. They all exist to protect all parties involved. Making a payment for an event means you agree with our policies and will follow our guidelines for events. We look forward to working with you!