Introducing the Sporrela Mushroom Experience!!!
Join us in the Dearborn studio for this original glass mushroom experience in which YOU will blend your creativity with our technical glass making skills to produce the coolest glass mushroom around.
Pick your favorite color, select the body style, and work with our skilled craftsmen to bring your masterpiece to life.
We supply all the tools, equipment, and color you’ll need to create this unique glass mushroom.
The class starts with each student getting a chance to blow a big bubble through the glassblowing pipe. Then the instructor will give a demonstration of the Sporrela mushroom and explaining all the subtle choices in color, shape and design that will make the mushroom uniquely yours.
After the demonstration, you’ll start the design process by picking colors and patterns for your mushroom top. Once it’s your turn, it’s time to pick the size stem you need to complete the full mushroom.
In this class you’ll be using the torch to warm and melt the glass color before it’s added to the top cap. There are a variety of tools we’ve designed to give texture and pattern to the mushroom top underside and you’ll need to decide which pattern and design works best with your color pattern and ideas.
Once the mushroom cap is joined to the stem, you’ll be using the taglia tool to shape the top to your specification while sitting at the gaffers bench. Once you give the final approval, the finished mushroom goes into the annealing over to cool overnight. Like all our classes, each product needs 24 hours to cool, then it will be ready for you to pick up and enjoy.
What to wear:
The studio could possibly be hot and sticky if the weather is warm, or downright cold and chilly if it’s the dead of winter, but know that it’s always bursting with excitement inside! Be prepared to move around and have fun while doing it. Cotton clothing is your best bet. Shorts are okay, and while tight jeans are a poor choice, regular jeans are fine. Do not wear flowy clothing like long skirts or bell sleeves as they could catch fire. Open-toed shoes or high heels of any kind are not acceptable for safety. If you come to class in these types of shoes you will not be permitted to participate.
Water or sports beverages are a great idea so bring what you need. Please stay hydrated! You will be drinking lots of liquids during this class and water is always available.
Tickets can be purchased after selecting a date and time from one of the links below:
View all scheduled days in April
- Fine print:
- We do no refunds on classes.
- We require a 48-hour cancellation notice. If you choose to cancel or reschedule your class less than 48-hours before your class, there will be no refund. (this includes no-call/no-show participants.) If you choose to reschedule prior to the 48-hour window, there is a $10 rescheduling fee.
- If you arrive more than 30 minutes late for your scheduled class time, you will forfeit your class.(this is because you have missed the demo of the product you would be making)
- Participants aged 16-17 must turn in a signed parental consent form and have a guardian present during the class. We do not accept participants under 16 years of age for safety reasons.
- We reserve the right to reschedule a class within 48 hours prior to the class date,if enrollment is low. You will receive a phone call to alert you if this is the case.
- All participants MUST adhere to our “What to Wear” guidelines.
- Please visit our FAQ page to answer any other questions you may have.